Doc is available here IYCOC Committee meeting 2-2-14 minutes
IYCOC Committee meeting, 2/2/14, @ “The Lost Bean” Minutes
IYCOC 1st Faith Festival & 10th Annual COC Youth Forum March 22 & 23, 2014
IYCOC Youth Board attendees: Apurva Mody, Cecilia Hurtado, Keemia Kasravi, Keerit Kohli, Pranati Shah, Simran Chadha, Srilekha Gnanashanmugam, & Sameer Khan
IYCOC Adult attendees: Jill Weinthal, Lynn Davis, Safura Khan & Mike Penn
- TIC from Santa Clara overnight home stay?
Sameer Khan offered to have teens stay overnight at his house and Mike Penn offered a place for their adult leader, Deacon Steve Herrera.
Faith Festival – Friday & Saturday
- Volunteers for Friday night set-up: Srilekha, Cecilia, Pranati, & Apurva. All are welcome to come & help.
- Volunteers for IYCOC infor booth:
10:30-12:00 pm; Simran & Keerit
12:00-1:30 pm; Cecilia & Srilekha
- Volunteers for IYCOC drink booth:
11:30-1:30 pm: Apurva & Sameer
It was agreed to offer free, small bottles of water
- Information Booth status:
We now have firm commitments from 10 Faith groups and 4 Interfaith partners.
It was agreed to let the booths stay up for Sunday.
It is up to each group what if any materials they
want to leave out.
- Art Show status:
We now have firm commitments for 6 works of art.
- Performance Show status:
We now have firm commitments for 4 acts and 10 more very possible.
- PR Flyers Volunteer:
Jill Weinthal, from our Board of Directors, will do a
- MC: Simran is compiling a VIP list and opening and closing remarks.
Youth Forum Sunday
- Who is coming: It was agreed that each member of the Youth Leadership Board will work to get at least 20 teens from his or her faith to participate in the Forum.
- Check in:
Sign in volunteers: Simran, Kurt, Cecilia, & Pranati
Name tags: Apurva Folders: Sameer
- IYCOC – MC: Simran, Keerit,& Courtney are compiling a
VIP list, welcome, Forum wrap-up, IYCOC pitch, & closing remarks.
- Candle Lighting & Faith Statement Speakers:
Jewish – Courtney Widerman Muslim – Sameer Khan
Catholic – Amy Lutfi Protestant – Kurt Hukleberry
Sikh – Keerit Kohli Zoroastrian – Keemia Kasravi
Jain – Pranati Shah Buddhist – Cecilia Hurtado
Hindu – Srilekha Ganaashanmugam LDS_____________
Baha’I – ___________ Atheism/Agnosticism________
- Volunteers to help take down/clean-up Sunday:
It was agreed that everyone stick around and help.
- Other Business
- Phone tree: It was agreed that Simran, Keerit & Cecilia call members of the Youth Board to advise & invite them to attend the monthly Youth Board meetings.
- IYCOC announcement at your place of worship: It was agreed that each Youth Board member make a Faith Festival & Youth Forum announcement to the congregations at his or her place of worship.
- T- shirt; style / color: It was agreed to purchase IYCOC T-shirts and make them available for only members of the IYCOC Youth Board. Regular shirts for the guys, v neck for the ladies. Also to have the big IYCOC logo on the back and the small one on the front up near the left shorder.