doc is here IYCOC 4-27-14 minutes
IYCOC Youth Leadership Board Meeting
April 27, 2014 Minutes
St. Paul’s Episcopal Church
“THE MORE WE KNOW, THE LESS WE HATE”
Welcome and Introductions:
Teens present: Keemia Kasrvi, Srilekha Gnanashanmugam, Brenda Cruz, Sandra Cervantes, and Juan Martinez
Adults present: Mike Penn, Doris Longmead, Ineko Tsuchida and Javier Cervantes
Reflection on Episcopal Church Mike Penn
Mike gave the group a tour of the church sanctuary, pointing out the different seating arrangements to accommodate the different styles of worship.
Leadership Training/Teaching: Mike Penn
- Basic Principles of Debriefing.
Two work sheets were passed out to facilitate the debrief of the first Faith Festival and the tenth Youth Forum.
Youth Leadership Business meeting: Simran Chadha & Keerit Kohli
- Old Business:
- The Youth Board agreed to put on a Faith Festival and Youth Forum on March 14 & 15, 2015.
- The venue for the 2015 events is under consideration.
- Interfaith Inventions, Inc. 2014 Youth Interfaith Leadership Summer Camp June 22 – 27, 2014 in Malibu, Ca. It was noted that the IYCOC can sponsor 3-4 members to attend the camp. All interested students should contact Mike Penn.
- IYLI Leadership camp June 23 – 25, 2014 at Chapman U. The IYCOC will be working with New Vision Partners to put on a dialogue at their leadership camp.
- Teen Interfaith Council of Santa Clara’s New Mexico Interfaith Immersion Trip July 31- August 4, 2014. The IYCOC can sponsor 2 students and 1 adult for this program. All interested students should contact Mike Penn.
- Keemia and Srilekha agreed to chair the committee to organize this years graduation celebration for our IYCOC seniors.
- New Business:
Date and location for the next IYCOC Youth Leadership Board meeting: 3-5 pm 5/18/14 at the Lost Bean in Tustin.
Minutes submitted by; Mike Penn